Tuesday 8 May 2012

day 32 of 50 even when the fork has broken?

Jacqueline: is it good enough?
is it ever good enough?

Amichai: A broken plastic fork makes me think of hunger. Not my late night cravings, or my kids and cupcakes. The kind around me every day on the streets of this city and so many more. Why today, of all days, more homeless people in the subway cars? barefoot and unwashed, visible/invisible, some don't even ask for help. Some do. In the crowded subway car tonight, one man stands to the side, a cigarette butt in one hand, rags and hollow eyes, and when he moves through the people all recoil and he decides to stand right where I'm sitting; the uncomfortable closeness, smell, and I look up (from the pages of the Talmud I am reviewing for the final) and try to look him in the eye and smile or greet but his eyes are downcast and I don't try too hard, I wish I could say I offered him a seat or hand him a dollar, unasked, but I just sat there and looked down also. Then he slowly moved away, and then it was my stop.
This too is broken, and is to be gathered up on this journey to the top of the mountain. The broken people, broken systems, lack of justice and equality, halted compassion, hunger for more.

32. Netzach of Hod. Infinite humility in the face of so much that is so badly screams for change.
When it comes to my own hunger for improvements, how much more can I commit to, raise my hand to, help resolve? If I were to hold up just one fork this evening, who would I feed? what would I commit to fixing? even when the fork has broken?

עמיחי: מזלג פלסטיק שבור מזכיר לי רעב
לא נשנוש חצות או כמיהת ילדיי לממתקים אלא הרעב האמתי יום יום ברחובות העיר שלי ובכל כך הרבה אחרות
למה היום כל כך הרבה יותר הומלסים ברחוב, הרכבת? בכל קרון נוכחות מוגברת רגלים יחפות מבטים דהויים סחבות ריח חריף של רחוב ושתן, חלק מבקשים עזרה, הרבה לא
אחד, בקרון עמוס במיוחד הערב, כבוי עינים, בדל שיגריה קמוץ ביד אחת, עמד בצד נראה/לא נראה וכהתחיל ללכת מהוסס בקרון נרתעו אנשים הצידה ונמצא שעמד ממש מעלי נעצר ונמבט מושפל, ואני, נבוך מהקרבה ומהריח והעליבות והצער הזה הרמתי ראש מדפי הגמרא וניסיתי למצוא מבט, עין, ברכה אבל הוא לא הביט ואני לא ניסיתי ואחרי עוד רגע המשיך ללכת ויכולתי להציע לו לשבת או לתת לו משהו בלי שאתבקש ולא היה כך אלא הוא הלך ואחרי עוד רגע הייתה התחנה שבה ירדתי

גם זה שבור ונאסף היום בדרך אל פסגת ההר
גם הרעב והבושה, האמיתיים והמדומים גם יחד, אנשים שבורים, ושיטות שבורות, ושקרים ממלכתיים ופחדים אנושיים קטנים ומזלגות שבורים של חוסר שובע וכמיהה לעוד, רעב לשינוי של ממש
32
נצח ההוד: תזכורת של כמה גדול ומלא הוד והדר וזוועה הכל וכמה ענק בצורך בתיקונים הקטנים שמתחילים מבפנים
ואם אקח מזלג היום, מזלג אחד בלבד ואאכיל בו בן אדם אחד או אזין מקום שצורך בתיקון
וגם אם המזלג שבור


No comments:

Post a Comment